Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can you help me heal my veeery damaged finger nails??

I have have had acrylic nail on and off for like 10 years. For anyone who's been there I don't need to tell you what it's done to my nails. They are very weak and peel and crack easily. I want to start to heal my nails and get them to grow healthy now. What products could I use or are there any good tips to make them grow?? Oh and cost is a bit of an issue so nothing too pricey please.Can you help me heal my veeery damaged finger nails??
I am assuming that you used to go to a chop shop to have your nails done. But, I could be wrong. I say that because if people would spend the extra money and went somewhere that has good,experienced, and highly skilled techs, their nails would not be in awful condition when they were removed. But, too late for that now. I just wish people would wake up and smell the coffee.


Anyway,you can use things like cuticle oil on your nails 2-3 times a day - every day. This will help to moisturize your nails and make them healthier. It will take some time, but you will start to see the results within just a few weeks. Also, make sure that you use a moisturizing hand lotion after every time you wash your hands, or get them wet. Also, use cotton lined rubber gloves when your hands will be exposed to water, and/or household hemicals for a prolonged period such as when cleaning or doing dishes. Water is one of natures most damaging chemicals, and it will ruin your nails after repeated, prolonged exposure to either water itself, or household chemicals. Even nail polish remover is not good when overused, Limit its use to once a week, or less. Nail polish will also damage your nails with overuse. Also, these polishes which supposedly contain things like vitamins, and other things that the company claims will help your nails to grow? Well, they don't work either. If the nails is thin and brittle, you cannot put something on top of it and expect it to get stronger. It just doesn't work that way. The key is to take care of the new nail which is growing out, and help that achieve its maximum health, and that is what will give you strong and healthy looking nails.


Nail strengtheners will work OK, but only for a short time. Avoid overuse of them. Most contain formaldehyde which will dry out your nails over time. Don't listen t people who may suggest taking, or eating gelatin. That will not work to strengthen your nails, nor does it make them grow. It is a myth. But many people still think its true. You can use Biotin as a natural supplement. This is a nutrient which has been shown in many studies to increase the thickness of nails by an average of 20% over the course of about 4-6 months. Pre-natal vitamins are also said to work well, but I have never used them so I cannot vouch for their effectiveness. If you don't have cuticle oil, then regular vegetable oil works just as well. Vitamin E often helps as well.


No matter what, your nails are going to take a while to get back to normal. It will not happen overnight, and there is no magic cure for this.


If you ever get your nails done again, go to a good salon with great techs. Its well worth the extra cost.Can you help me heal my veeery damaged finger nails??
they will grown on there own and once they grow out they will be healthy again
buff your nails. (no fake nails missy!) It will keep them a little stronger until they grow back healthy.
  • origins
  • cream blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment