Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Why is it that nailpolish on my finger nails doesn't last a day but on my toe nails they are fine?

I always have color on my toe nails. The paint rarely chips. When I paint my fingernails, the paint peels or chips off so easily





WHY?





it irriates meWhy is it that nailpolish on my finger nails doesn't last a day but on my toe nails they are fine?
Presumably your fingernails are more exposed to the elements (e.g. bumps, scratches, use in general). My toenail polish stays on for a month easily, and my fingernail polish typically doesn't last that long. Below are some tips for longer wear:





Make sure your polish is not old. Do not thin older polish--throw it away.


Use a base coat (suggest Merle Norman)


Use two coats of colored polish, if desired.


Use a top coat (suggest Poshe)Why is it that nailpolish on my finger nails doesn't last a day but on my toe nails they are fine?
HOWDY!!! Lakisha 3,





I am a male so I don't use nail polish but, maybe this will help. Do you wash you hands often, work with you hands a lot, and may be typing on the PC. I just noticed that my finger nails touch the keys a lot. I don't know if I am right or not but You might think about those things and maybe it will help you. GOOD LUCK!!!





STAY SAFE!!!


Bulldog
Use ur fingers more then ur toes
Because you do alot of things wiht ur hands, but you dont do anything with ur feet but walk.
because you use your hands all the time but your toenails have little exposure to things that would chip them
I know, me, too.





It's just one of those unanswerable questions in life. I guess it would have to be because your hands are exposed to a lot more than your feet -- writing, gesturing, weather, typing, etc. But it's the same in the summer when you've got your flip-flops on... the pedi still lasts longer. I guess there are some mysteries the universe just won't give us the answers to.
It's because you are using your hands constantly throughout the day, and essentially washing them several times a day. Your toes however, usually sit in your shoes and don't do a heck of a lot regarding movement and use, and you only wash them maybe once or twice a day.
because toes are more protected than the finger nails
you are constantly using your hands, try using a base coat and a clear top coat it not only adds shine but helps to protect the color.
because all day your nails are exposed to everything..but on your toes they are usually covered by socks, shoes, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment