Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I pricked my finger on a rusty nail should I get a tetnus shot? Have not had one since I was little.?

Yes don't be a baby. Go get the tetanus shot It really doesn't hurt.I pricked my finger on a rusty nail should I get a tetnus shot? Have not had one since I was little.?
Ahhhh yeah, definately. If you went to the dr, they would do that for sure. My husband had one go through his work boot once and they gave him one. Besides, why wouldn't you want to be safe than sorry, right?I pricked my finger on a rusty nail should I get a tetnus shot? Have not had one since I was little.?
If you have not had one in the last 10 years, I wold recommend one.
You need one every 10 years. If it's been longer than that, go get one. Better safe than sorry.
YES i would do it ASAP get updated on your shots too, its just a little needle and it makes you feel safer, but effects of the rusty nail could come up in no time
yes and within 24 hours
Tetnus can only settle into the wound if the prick acted as a puncture wound. Cut the wound and let it bleed for a bit and then, yes, go to the ER because tetnus can still have gotten into the blood stream before opening the wound. You should have a booster every 3 years for tetnus.
Yes, you need one every ten years. If you are not sure if it has been ten years, I don't think it will hurt you if it hasn't.
By all means. Lockjaw is nothing to fool around with. Look up the symptoms in a medical book, such as ';Merck medical encyclopedia, Home edition';.
yes or maybe you will get an infection i heard that some times people have parts of the body amputated for that
You need a Tetnus shot every 5 years for them to be effective. If it was a serious cut, yes I would go to the ER and get a tetnus shot.
Yes, definitely!


You should get a tetanus shot AT LEAST once every 10 years.
In my opinion, I would say ';yes'; to getting a Tetnus Shot.





My motto is: ';Better Safe, Than Sorry';





Good Luck. Have a lovely rest of the evening.
Due to the dangers of infection, and other illnesses for pricking your finger on a rusty, I would advise getting a teatnus shot immediately.
a nail, an old rusty nail.....
Definitley. Wise decision.
I don't know exactly how long that's been, but you should get a tetanus booster shot every ten years. If you've pricked your finger on a rusty nail then you do need to go get a tetanus shot.
Yes. Go for it.
Tetnus only enters the boold stream if the nail caused a puncture wound. Yes, go to the ER and get a shoot.And...you need one every so often.
I would get a tetnus shot since you never know. Once you've had the shot, I think you're good for 10 years and then you'll have to get another one. It's a good idea to keep up with your shots especially if you travel. You never know what the medical systems are like in other countries.
well, i guess you will have to ask the doctor or nurse better.. than on getting answers here because there are some people that doesn't give right answers to your questions... hehehe.. LoL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment