Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have another habbit of bitting the skin around my finger nails and it looks really bad, how can i stop!?

ok well i bite my finger nails... (im trying to stop that too) but i also but the skin around my finger nails... its a habbit and i want to stop because it looks really bad so any tips on how to stop?I have another habbit of bitting the skin around my finger nails and it looks really bad, how can i stop!?
Will power is the only answer. Tell yourself you can and you can. You just have to make yourself stop. Like the little children's train story. I think I can. I think I can. If I can do it, so can you. Just do it and stop.





May the force be with you! ( ha! ha!) No really, you can do it.I have another habbit of bitting the skin around my finger nails and it looks really bad, how can i stop!?
put tape around your fingers and it will stop you from biting
Get some hot pepper sauce/juice and soak the ends of your fingers in them. There are some bitters you could probably spray on them and see if that helps. Pick a taste/sensation you don't like.
you can buy this stuff called 'nail biter', its in the nail polish section. The stuff tastes really really REALLY gross. It worked on my son. Not very expensive maybe $5 put it all over your fingertip. as often as you need.
you just have to stop maybe think that you use your hands to do something nasty so dont put it in your mouth ;)
Lemon juice, tabasco sauce and baking soda. Make a paste and slather your fingers with it. One taste and you want want that near your mouth.
Wash your hands in the toilet each morning. Then you'll never bite your fingers again.
I had the same problem! I think when you want to do just think how bad they look do you really want to bite them is it really worth it?
I do the same thing.Every time I do it I try to smack my hand.{hard}.If I do it again tell my self my teeth are going to come in crooked
I had a horrible problem doing this as a teenager. I do not know if this will work for you but this is what worked for me. I saw a woman on the bus and she did the same thing to her fingers. She was standing and I was sitting behind her, therefore I could really stare at her hands and notice how awful/horrible/disgusting it really looks. After that, I stopped. I shuddered at the thought of my hands looking that way! But the truth was that they did! I just had to see how detestable it looked on someone else and that made it easy for me to stop. Whenever I did get the urge, I carried a small bottle of lotion in my bag and would put it on. No matter where I was or what I was doing in that instance. I stopped, pulled out the lotion and rubbed a lot all over my hands. Then sometimes I would chew a piece of gum, put my hands in my pocket or sit on my hands. Just until I was able to break the habit. Now I no longer have the problem and my hands look healthy. Maybe you can have someone take a picture of your hands and you can carry it with you to keep looking at what you do not want your hands to look like. I still carry the image in my head of what that woman's hands looked like. SHUDDER!!
well if you want to stop try to wear a very thin glove at night. and fing another habit like chewing gum or biting on a pencil that will surely keep your finger from looking repulsive or try to put tape on it. you could even put lotion on it so when you bite it it will taste gross. I actually had the same problem.
haha wow. i do that 2, weird..lol


but i just went cold-turkey on it because i don't want my nails to look like that forever...*but i still do it every now and then...just not as much... ;-)*
I think you should think about what your doing when you do it so you can stop. Because you can't just go cold turkey, you have to slowly stop doing it.
You can put socks in your hands(when you are in your home,my brother did that) and in the school you can put the hand washer that doesn't need water , and you will NEVER bite your finger again(It tastes really bad,experience,many times)...
you can well i donno you can ok i donno sorry
Everyday dip each of your fingers in nail-polish remover. It will taste nasty enough to make you stop biting your nails. Its cheaper than the stuff that is specificaly made for stopping the habit.





Also, you can put hot sauce or any kind of spray that tastes nasty to you. Anything could work.
omg i do that too! haha it gets so bad sometimes!!*- i usually did it when i needed a ciggarette [when i smoked] or when i was nervous or mad.


well my sister would always tell me how bad they looked, and one day she seriously made me tape my fingers up so i couldnt do it!*- and it was so hard cuz i was so used to doing it. haha...but would try just not too...or put lotion on your fingers so it taste nasty when you bite them. or tape them up like i did for a while untill you get used to it! haha it worked for me.


good luck.
same with me. try clipping off the extra skin with finger nail clippers so that you have nothing left to pick. :] good luck.
I understand where u are coming from. I use to do this. And nothing is worse then doing it in public and your finger starts to bleed. And you think oh why did I do that. I found if you have the dry skin around your fingernails. Just trim them slightly. At night before you go to bed just coat your fingers/hands in a cheap skin moisturiser. And those little dry pieces wont be there anymore.
There is a product at your local grocery store that can help. I used it years ago, but it makes the taste unbearable! I don't remeber the name, but someone in the cosmetics area can totally help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment