Sunday, August 22, 2010

Swollen / infected Finger tip, around nail !! wat should i do?

my boyfriends finger is swollen around the cuticle area on his nail.


it started to swell up , and then it burst, with loads of pus coming out.


he doesnt remember hurting it or cutting it.. after it burst it swelled up, and is now still swollen but not as bad... it hs left a tiny area of see throu-ish skin just above the cuticle like a hole where the infection was.. went to doctor but had to wait four hours! so left..... will book appointment next time.Swollen / infected Finger tip, around nail !! wat should i do?
Clean the area well with soap and water. Inspect it closely looking for a red line emanating from the wound. It is a precaution to take to ensure he did not get blood poisoning. After cleaning the area well, pat dry and then put some triple antibiotic ointment (if it hurts him get the one with lidocaine) on the affected area. I would leave it uncovered while awake and then cover with a band aid before going to bed to afford the wound some protection. In the morning repeat the cleaning process, reapply the ointment, and leave uncovered if possible as it will heal quicker. Given the description you provided the worst should be over. He'll want to keep an eye out for blood poisoning. I cut my finger years back when tending bar, there was a broken glass in the water I was washing glasses in and about a day and a half later I noticed a nasty looking red line coming from the cut and going up my hand to the wrist. A friend got me in to see the doctor she worked for and he saw the red line and told me if I had waited a few more hours to seek help I might have lost my hand to blood poisoning. That is why I am suggesting he keep a close eye on it. The keys now are to keep the area clean and use the antibiotic ointment/cream. He should be fine. Take care.Swollen / infected Finger tip, around nail !! wat should i do?
Either the nail got ingrown, he had an infected hangnail, or he had something in there like a sliver. If it has already burst, the worst part is over. Keep it clean and keep an eye on it, and it will be fine.
Something must have gotten inside his nail and puss is body defense system.if there is more puss try to get it out by squeezing it ,if it does not hurt and keep it clean by using hydrogen peroxide.
soak in vinegar for a long time

No comments:

Post a Comment