Sunday, August 22, 2010

I wanna stop eating the skin around my finger nails?

i wanna stop even though i do enjoy it, i keep eatin them or pealing them with my fingers... :(I wanna stop eating the skin around my finger nails?
then stopI wanna stop eating the skin around my finger nails?
I used to do the same and its disgustttinnnggggg!! ive tried loads of things from the pharmacy and to be honest they dont work for me but everyones different.. try and stop on your own by looking at your hands and then thinking how much they would look better without biting it, and try and think why you do it then try and minimise those thoughts to stop doing it if possible.. wearing gloves also helps!!
Lol I chew mine! Eating and peeling no, but chewing is very entertaining. I didn't realise I wasn't the only one who chewed the skin instead of the nail lol. Well the best way is to set yourself a goal and reward system I think, because you can buy the stuff with the nasty taste designed to stop nail-biting, but people get used to the taste if they're that addicted. Maybe try chewing gum everytime you want to do it, and keeping some blue-tack to peel and roll? Reward yourself with something you like at the end of wach day/week you've managed not to do it.
they sell a kind of bitter nail polish (drug store usually sell it but you can order it) you can put it on your nails and the skin around them. it'll make them taste like $hit and it'll remind you not to eat your nasty skin.
I have this problem too. I apply nail polish, and it usually makes me stop and think before I absentmindedly pick at the skin around my nails. Seeing as you're a guy, there is clear nail polish you can get, but overall, it takes willpower. Try to think of something else, or become active in other things. You'll eventually forget that you had the urge to scratch at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment